Training: How to promote your content
Boy, oh boy, am I excited to welcome to this training …
So let’s just get stuck into it, shall we?
There are no ifs or buts about it – and many people don’t feel like they can do this because they are embarrassed, don’t want to blow their own horn, are afraid of putting themselves out there and what people will think, or feel like a fake or an imposter.
Don’t worry. We have all been there!
One of the ways around this is to write like no one is reading. If you put your words out there as if you are just sending them out to yourself or your Mum and Dad or bestie, then it’s an easier hurdle to overcome.
Secondly, many business owners forget to promote their content!
That is their blog, social media status updates, videos, free offerings, downloads, and so on.
So the next thing I want you to do is start promoting your content.
There are 3 main reasons we do this …
- Adds value – and we are seen as being helpful by providing information that is useful and interesting for our audience.
- Not selling (technically) – you will be seen in good stead with your Business Besties and potential customers because you are not technically selling.
- Helps with organic search – if you want more people to find you … start promoting your content, especially content on your website. If you don’t have a website yet, don’t worry. Put this on your 3-month to-do list, join our 8-week Content 2 Ca$h online program (waitlist here) and get it done!
Where to promote your content
You can choose where you promote it, but we promote in groups, my social platforms, personal pages, newsletter, email series, partners, and so on.
We make sales every day from social media and online content – and for many years without advertising.
In your “Social media plan” workbook there is a formula you can use to write your social media posts and promote them. Start to promote your content and your products and services ASAP. You won’t be sorry!
One of the places we promote a lot and invest a lot of time is Facebook and LinkedIn groups. More so Facebook.
Go and find 10 new groups and join those, introduce yourself and start sharing your content. Then share your products and services. You will get a lot more engagement and leverage by using these simple steps.
So here is your course information for this module. Please note there is no “workbook” this week – but I have a recording for you instead!
Here are your worksheets
How to write a promo post that converts!
Your content writing journey is far from over … in fact, it’s only just beginning! Remember content marketing and writing are like a marathon, not a sprint. And you just keep working on your website, blog, social and other marketing elements as you move through your business journey.
NOW … we have plenty of other goodies for you over in the 8-week “Content 2 Ca$h” online program. Simply join the waitlist and we will let you know the details.
If you’d like to have a chat and get the course outline, simply book a session with one of the Wow team and we can work out if we are the right fit for you.
Until we meet again – Happy Word Styling!
PS – please stay in touch in the Facebook Group!
Not really sure how you’re going with your content?
You can book a 1-1 session with me to go over everything so far and allow me to take a look at what you’ve done. These are not free, but are recorded and personal to your business and content. There are two options:
1. 45-60-minute “pick-Liz’s-brain” session – $300 + GST. It will be recorded and sent to you. You can ask me anything.
2. Content Planning Session – $495 + GST. Very tailored and specific to your business. It will be recorded and a template filled out and sent to you.